This article tries to help you in this regard and here are few tips that could aid one to prepare a best man wedding speech.
· Prepare yourself about what you are going to say. Take your time to think about what you want others to know about the groom and the bride, and what you wish them for their future.
· It is always a good idea to write it out (it is not necessary for you to carry the written point to the wedding, but writing is always appreciated as it will help you to remember and note the points once more)
· Identify yourself and your relationship with the groom and bride. This is quite important as everyone will not be aware of who you are.
· Speak clearly, slowly, and loud enough that everyone need to hear what you are speaking.
· Start your speech by thanking the parents of groom and bride if they have paid for the event. If the groom and bride are footing the bill themselves, dont forget to thank them for organizing such an event and inviting everyone to share the occasion.
· It is also a good idea to tell a story, funny one-liner or a joke, or use an inspirational quote.
· Let your guard down. It is ok to show your emotions. This is one of your good friends wedding, if not your best friends. It is even ok to cry or becoming emotional.
· Keep you best man wedding speech short, to say 5 to 10 minutes.
· Finally, end the speech with a message of hope and congratulate the proud groom and blushing bride.
Nowadays there are several websites which offers free best man speech with good examples of wedding speeches given by a friend or a relative, and of course you will find humorous free speeches also. Most websites also offer some of the classic short wedding toasts, touching wedding toasts, and humorous wedding toasts you can find if you look around a bit.