Choosing a destination wedding and honeymoon location is a big decision. You want to make sure that the choice you make is the best for you and your guests. So, what are some of the factors that you should consider?
What is a destination wedding?
A destination wedding is when a couple decides to get married in an exotic location.
It could be that they choose a location that is special for them – perhaps where they holiday a lot, or where they got engaged.
A destination wedding can be attended by as many or as few wedding guests as the happy couple choose. A destination wedding can give the perfect excuse to trim the guest list.
Destination weddings are becoming more popular for couples who want to have a celebration that is unique and special.
What are the Pros and Cons of Various Destination Wedding Destinations?
When choosing whether to have a destination wedding it is important to consider the pros and cons.
Some of the pros include:
- Destination weddings are a way to live out a dream for many people.
- They provide the perfect opportunity to travel and visit new places.
- Many couples want their destination wedding to be more meaningful and personal than traditional weddings, with the memories they create staying with them forever.
Some of the cons include:
- The cost of destination weddings can be prohibitive for many couples and their guests.
- Planning a wedding in a new location may be stressful due to unfamiliarity with the area.
- Being away from your home country may mean that your guests will have to pay for passports and sometimes VISAs.
How much does a destination wedding cost?
Destination weddings are often the perfect answer for people who want to get married in a romantic location that means a lot to them.
Destination weddings can take place no matter your budget. Even though you will have to consider costs such as flights and accommodation, you can still keep costs down by limiting your guest numbers.
The average price of a destination wedding is around $12,000. It doesn’t include additional expenses such as souvenirs or honeymooning post-wedding which can bump up that number significantly, but you can also have a destination wedding for a lot less.
The Top 10 Destination Wedding Destinations:
1. Napa Valley, CA
2. Lake Tahoe, CA
3. Kauai, HI
4. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5. Maui, HI
6. Stowe Mountain Resort, VT
7. Santa Barbara County (Santa Barbara/Bardstown), CA
8. Banff National Park (Banff), Canada
9. The Dominican Republic (Punta Cana)
10. Tuscany region of Italy